Monday, March 17, 2008

DeSoto Caverns

Ok, so it's not a local story, but it sure was fun.

Late last week, I took my fiance to DeSoto Caverns located in Childersburg, Alabama.

We had a blast, and just felt I should share it with my fellow Meridianites. If you're ever in the area I couldn't recommend it more. Oh, and let me give you a little tip. Go to desotocaverns.com and buy your tickets there. You'll save $2.

Having said that; you can see the video at: http://www.meridianstar.com/video/local_story_077164257.html?keyword=topstory

Also, you may notice I've been using a couple new video players. High resolution videos are hosted at blip.tv and my lower quality version at photobucket.

You shouldn't have too many problems seeing the photobucket video as it is the same format as YouTube. I urge you to PLEASE watch the high res video first. It's just so much more pretty!

You may need a file to view the high res video. You can get that at: http://www.divx.com/

The file is free, and the video is so much better this way.

Divx is also great because you can watch the videos full screen. All you do is double-click the video box. (Three times on some computers.)

If you ever have any questions or comments, you can always reach me at: blockridge@themeridianstar.com

- Ben Lockridge

No comments: