Monday, March 31, 2008

Wings Over Meridian...look for me at the next show...I'll be there.

Okay, I've never had any interest in going to an air show, but the Wings Over Meridian show was freakin' amazing. I think it was one of the greatest local events that I've attended.
I was a little leary about going to the show, because of the crowd and decibel level (a brief background on myself, I don't like big crowds and the older I get the less I like loud noises), but everybody that I ran into was as cool as a fan and I bought earplugs on the way. It seemed like everyone that I ran into was having a good time, which amplified my good time.
I also got to try Tommy's Steak & Seafood, and quite frankly I'm sort of mad at myself for not trying their food before, for Christ's sake I've been living in the area all my life. The barbeque pork was perfect...not too salty, but you can taste meat with or without the sauce. I don't eat cole slaw, but I can only assume that Tommy’s is gotta be good. The sausage was "the bomb".
Everyone read or heard about the The Blue Angels experience, but just seeing is reason enough for any homebody to get out. It was amazing, 18 inches apart! The Fat Albert. The Killer Bees. Just go to the next one. You’ll see what I’m talking about.
I'm not gonna go on about the actual show, but I just want to let you know that I'll be there for the next one, and if you want to meet up, we'll collaborate on some good Bar-B-Que joints.


-Chris Stewart (page layout)
cstewart@themeridianstar.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was good to read your comments about the great food and BBQ. It sounds like you and the VIP's really had a great time. BTW: did you also get VIP parking too,

Remember there were 54,500 of us who did NOT get to try Tommy's BBQ and all the fancy VIP treatment.