Thursday, March 20, 2008

Memories of Mr. Clark

Many years ago, I had the opportunity to stand with Mr. Clark on the steps of the court house in a press conference. There had been a DUI death of a young high school student. Justice, I felt and still feel was not served, but I understand the rule of law better. But it still has not taken away the pain for the victim's family and for me. But it was quickly turning into a "race thing" at the time and Mr. Clark and I and several other MADD members from Lauderdale County held the press conference to try to make people understand and to express our own personal disappointments in the case. He was the kindest, and most understanding man to me and my endless questions. He soothed a lot of hurts that day, not only for me, but I felt for many people in this area. He may have smoothed over a lot of anger that day as well in the community. I will always hold the highest respect for Mr. Clark and my heart is broken and my prayers are certainly with Mrs. Clark. I can understand some of her pain over losing her son last year, but to lose her husband, this year, I know her heart is broken. But Mrs. Clark, he was a man of a loving God and I found great comfort over the years that my daughter met God face to face Easter week. How glorious it must be to see heaven during Easter! With love and utmost respect to Mr. Clark and to Mrs. Clark. Stephanie Denham

No comments: