Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Here am I sitting in a tin can

I was just informed at work today that I will spend Friday afternoon riding in a WWII B-25 bomber. Weee! It sounds like fun, but I'm also a little nervous...I looked up a picture of a B-25 on google images, and it looks kind of like its made out of tin cans. Apparently it's also over 60 years old. Still, I'm sure I'll be in capable hands.

I definitely don't have as much right to be nervous as Star reporter Brian Livingston, who will be riding in an FA-18 Hornet, a.k.a. a "Blue Angel", on Wednesday, while the pilot does all kinds of crazy loop-de-loops and other scary things. Very exciting, for sure, but if it was me, I would probably pass out before I even hopped into the plane. I hope Brian has a strong stomach...

- Jennifer Jacob
Staff Writer
jjacob@themeridianstar.com

1 comment:

The Meridian Star said...

Speaking of tin cans... I had a car like that once. I wrecked it. Apparently tin isnt that strong. Imagine that. oh and a boyfriend too... all tin. actually i had three at the time... one was all straw and the other a creature from the woods. and with my red shoes we wrote this horrible blog!;)